Help and advice for permanent move to the Vosges

Firstly, I'm not too sure whether or not this is in the correct section, but here goes.

My wife, son (aged 3) and I are due to move to the Vosges region of France within the next 3 months. My wife has been fortunate to find employment at one of the local hospitals, as she's a fully qualified nurse in renal care (kidney failure). We are frantically trying to rap up things here in the UK and we're hoping that fellow ex-pats could share what they did and learnt with regards the essential things to do (both here in the UK and also France) in preparation for the BIG move.

We have a rather large list which is growing all the time, so rather than us list all the 'things to do' it will be greatly appreciated if you could pass on any information.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Simon & Rachel

PS

We'll be renting in the Vosges for the first 6 months and will be contacting agencies shorthly with regards suitable accommodation.

M. Diabolo Rouge [6]

It's sometimes hard to take myself back to that time. It was all spread over 2 years of having a holiday home, with some adjustments for the permanent move. I have no children here, so no problems on that score, but it all went very well.

If you have got a list as long as your arm, you are probably on the right track, and in the end, as long as when you arrive you have water, beds, electricity, an insured car, and your rubbish gets picked up, you are probably not going far wrong.