French expansion

A survey on size says that the average French woman is 2.5cm taller than in 1970, and 2.5kg heavier.

26% of the adult population are overweight, 8.3% are obese.  Fatness is found more frequently among the retired, les ouvriers, agriculteurs, artisans, and chefs d'entreprises.   Well-off people tend not to be fat.

Women are taller in the North, but the "plus enrobées" are to be found in the south-east, with an average weight of 64.1kg and average height 162.4cm.

The average British bosom is 12cm bigger than the average French poitrine.

Sizes - 20% of women buy size 40.  Over 30% buy 40 or 42.  Less than 20% buy 36 or 38.

And there you have it, France is expanding. [:)] 

Well that makes me feel better since I am in the 40 group.  Felt

fairly svelt in the States where nearly everyone is overweight (ok,

maybe not everyone), but upon arriving here, am reminded every day how

much smaller European women (and men) are than Americans.  Every

time I go to try something on !

[quote user="SaligoBay"] the "plus enrobées" are to be found in the south-east, with an average weight of 64.1kg and average height 162.4cm. [/quote]

It's strange. When I go from Cornwall to Provence through Devon and Brittany, I always have the feeling that the women get thinner the further south-east I go. But it's obviously only an impression, I must tune out the normal sized people and only notice the skinny ones.

So, I'm still shorter than the average woman, no surprises there

I liked the comment on the news about this report that said that the clothes industry was going to size eveything up, because many women wouldn't want to admit they were no longer a size 38.

[quote user="Lori"]Well that makes me feel better since I am in the 40 group.  Felt

fairly svelt in the States where nearly everyone is overweight (ok,

maybe not everyone), but upon arriving here, am reminded every day how

much smaller European women (and men) are than Americans.  Every

time I go to try something on !

[/quote]

And, almost everything I buy is too short!!  I'm like a giantess in my village!

PG