Sat images

You are late...

See Geoportail.fr in The Lounge...

Still....

I have tried several times to get on the site to check on my parents plot in 79 and I still have not managed to get past the 'try again later, site is unavailable at the moment'...

[quote user="BJSLIV"]The site was designed to handle 1000 simultaneous hits and is receiving millions. It will apparently be next year before it can be upgraded.[/quote]

1000 simultaneous hits? Wow! As many as that??????

(Rolls eyes heavenwards) What technological planet are the French ON? It certainly isn't Krypton![;-)]

Alcazar

Yep French websites for the most part are rubbish and over designed. They have some of the slowest retail sites I ever seen. When I want to buy something, I do not want a 'flash intro" heavy graphics, java up the ying yang. I tried to buy some tryes online a few weeks ago. From the home page to the page of the product I was looking for took over 15 pages.

We call it the Proust effect.

[quote user="Richard-R"]...We call it the Proust effect.[/quote]

Love it!  [:D]  [:D]

Have found the same thing with tourist-office websites.  Don't they realise that people just get cheesed off waiting for fancy graphics to load, and zoom off somewhere else?

Angela

Finally managed to get on the geoportail site last night and checked my parents plot in 79.

The photo I got was the same as that found on the 'Pages Jaunes/Pages Balanches' website and... they said up to 50cms precision!... the most I could get was about 100m hovering above the garden and the definition was not very good...