disabled pearson carer needs a break

Please can someone help me my husband is disabled and spends his life in bed I need someone to come and look after him for a week sometime in the summer holidays if you are intrested please get in contact we live near ussel in dep 19 correze

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be clever.  The location was run into the end of the last sentence of Floss's post so I wondered if LL might have missed it.  I had to look twice, so I though it was worth highlighting it in a quote for anyone else reading it.

I hope she finds someone to help out.

If you are a full time resident in France why don't you ask at the local mairie for help from the social sector. It maybe that your husband can go into a local hospital for a week or two,you will probably have to pay part of the costs but it would be better to have professional care rather than some ex-pat looking to earn a few bob that you know nothing about and being in your home. The problem in France with anything medical or social is that you need to insured in case of accident whether to you or the helper. If you don't ask, you won't know what you are entitled too and this is not meant to be posted harshly, just letting you know there is proper help available via the CCAS or the local ADMR.

My Father lives here with us and has a form of senility, it has had to happen on occasion that he has gone to our local hospital / convalesance ( can spelt it!! oh god I need brain stimulation!) home, which is unlike a normal hospital, it is superb and the care has been great there is also a head nurse who speaks english so if necessary she can help my father when I'm not there, he has mastered some basics probably from memory 40 years ago but however can managed Oui and Merci. Our Doctor has managed to arrange this in the past and I understand the mairie can also be approached. It is worth a try and as previously said you know the dare will be correct.

kind regards

Lilly

My Father lives here with us and has a form of senility, it has had to happen on occasion that he has gone to our local hospital / convalesance ( can spelt it!! oh god I need brain stimulation!) home, which is unlike a normal hospital, it is superb and the care has been great there is also a head nurse who speaks english so if necessary she can help my father when I'm not there, he has mastered some basics probably from memory 40 years ago but however can managed Oui and Merci. Our Doctor has managed to arrange this in the past and I understand the mairie can also be approached. It is worth a try and as previously said you know the care will be correct.

kind regards

Lilly