do any of you live near

egger

You lot are going to think im winding you up, but i promise im not. The women came today to pay for the car, i gave her the mot certificate, which was done in febuary, and on it, it says i have done 70 thousand miles, but on my clock, it says 45 thousand, i had to get the other 2 mot cert down, on them it has 20 thousand, then 30 thousand. I had to take it back to the garage to tell them they made a mistake, the bloke who did my car is on holiday, so got to wait till monday. Cannot sell my car till then.

Can you believe it? Perhaps this is telling me something lol, like look at mot certificate when it is handed over, instead of just putting it away. Perhaps her husband thought i was a car "ringer"turning the clock back.[:-))]

Alexis, was just wondering, where do you live in Brittany?[Www]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We booked, we coming to France, guess who won,[:)] ha ha your right it was me, Brittany it is. Its close to Josselin, really excited now. Adventure starts in 1 month[kiss][kiss].

And please you lot, dont tell me anything bad about the area , just let me enjoy the moment[;-)]

Today is market day.  The lorries have been trundling by.  I might pop along later.

Josselin is, indeed, very pretty.  Dead as a doornail winter.

Then there are the steep streets[:@]  Apart from that, it is my favourite place in France.

We shall have to rdv in the bar opposite the Basilique.  Mines a muscadet.  Large.

Well, it is certainly buzzly today.  Car is miles away.  I don't normally move it on a Saturday but needs must this morning.  The siren has just gone so that is the end of the market.

Please egger, note that this is a beautifull little city and as such it doesn't have yellow lines to spoil photo's.  The parking bays are all marked out.  THIS MEANS PARKING IN THEM NOT ABANDONING YOUR BLOODY GREAT 4x4 JUST ANYWHERE BECAUSE "THERE ARE NO LINES".

Glad to have got that off my chest!  I know you wouldn't do it egger but it drives me crazy!  Everywhere blocked.  All British cars....

Park in the blue lines.  You don't need a permit...[6][6]

Oh thts nice, being told off for parking and i not even got there yet. How did you know i had 4x4 [;-)]? ha ha well i selling it, (well if the mot can be sorted). We coming in hubbys van, so will take up even more room [Www].

What is that drink you said you wanted a double of, never tried that one.

we are 12 miles away from Josselin, but thats not to far.

Muscadet is a dry or more often, very dry white wine, if you buy it look for one that says 'sur lie' on the bottle, it's better.

It's ideal with seafood. Most British supermarkets  stock at least one, in fact we have a bottle from  M&S to try tomorrow. You could start aquiring the taste now.[:D]

Well, you can just about sniff the cork before you get done for drunken driving here....

Smoothest whisky I buy is William Peel.  Which I drown with lemonade!

Ooh!  Haven't had that for ages.  Think I will pop down and have a Pimm's as no whisky  (or not enough) to make a drink in the house.

Oh.  Don't be surprised when they serve you your cider in a tea cup.

Ok you lot, the ferrie is booked, the house is rented[:D]. So on to next question, how long by car is it to Dinard, from Josselin. OH unless you know of a nearer airport that does flights to east midlands or birmingham.

Oh i am so excited[:D].

Have you bought a decent map of France yet, Egger?  I highly recommend you get one - they are jolly useful things.  Don't rely just on Sat Nav.  It really helps if you have a map so you can see where you are starting from and where you are going to (like Dinard to Josselin).

Yes Cassis, i have 3, one large, and two small(one for each car), but they dont seem to tell me in hours and mins, how long it takes, hold on will just have a look. No Cassis they dont. Do you have a special one[8-)].

I don't have a special map.  I do have the AA map of France.  Not for every town, but for all the major ones, the AA map of France does what you ask (hours and minutes estimated point to point, as well as distances, inside back page). Most maps have a scale and also show you distances between points on the maps themselves.  Viamichelin is very good for routeplanning online if you can't get the hang of the paper map, and will tell you both distances and times:

Michelin

Hope this helps.

Oh Cassis, i only a thick retired hairdresser, i only wanted to know how long it took[:'(], and the big map is over the otherside of the room, and i all comfy and warm,and just to lazy to fetch it [;-)], please wont you just tell me how long it takes. Your really bright, and can work these things out, please[blink] lol.