Little Message Box Nightmare

Baz

I know it has already been raised and the developers have been asked to resolve this. But I suspect with more people upgrading to IE7 which is very good, will be totally frustrated with the little message box and the loss of hyperlinks, colours, size of type etc. Trying to use the little box is a nightmare as you have no control of paragraphs and the quote box shows up as an encrypted message on the postings.

I for one find posting now so difficult to the point that I am considering suspending using this site until the problem is resolved. I am sure that other contributors will be faced with the same frustrations as they update to IE7 that the daily responses to LF will dramatically drop. I use the internet extensively and LF is the only site that appears to have this problem.

Please Forum Admin treat this situation with urgency now as you have been aware of the problem for sometime.

Baz

PS. The only way I have been able to post this message in a readable form is copy and pasting from word

[quote user="Baz"]I know it has already been raised and the developers have been asked to resolve this.....

PS. The only way I have been able to post this message in a readable form is copy and pasting from word[/quote]

just installed the IE 7... testing it now... not to bad, just a smaller box where to write the message. i can't change anymore the size of the letters etc... something to do for the developer during the weekend.

[quote user="Baz"]I know it has already been raised and the developers have been asked to resolve this. But I suspect with more people upgrading to IE7 which is very good, will be totally frustrated with the little message box and the loss of hyperlinks, colours, size of type etc. Trying to use the little box is a nightmare as you have no control of paragraphs and the quote box shows up as an encrypted message on the postings.

I for one find posting now so difficult to the point that I am considering suspending using this site until the problem is resolved. I am sure that other contributors will be faced with the same frustrations as they update to IE7 that the daily responses to LF will dramatically drop. I use the internet extensively and LF is the only site that appears to have this problem.

Please Forum Admin treat this situation with urgency now as you have been aware of the problem for sometime.

Baz

PS. The only way I have been able to post this message in a readable form is copy and pasting from word[/quote]

Eeew, I see what you mean now Baz.

I'm using IE7 now, and trying a few things on the forum to see how well they work. Line wrap, quoting, unterminated quotes "like this...

Let's try accented characters too whilst I'm at it éçô.

How about an emoticon, erm... nope can't do that.

Hyperlinks then, hmm, well I can't add one using the formatting tools, as there aren't any, so I'll try pasting one in...

http://www.completefrance.com

Now let's see what this all looks like when I post it.

EDIT one more thing, has the poll at

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/777752/ShowPost.aspx been closed, only I wanted to see if polls work using IE7, and I can't use the drop down voting list or the vote button, as they are both disabled.

Funny thing is, if I take, say, Cat's post and quote it, it all comes out fine (I use Firefox, but not everbody likes it).

[quote user="Cat 46"][quote user="Baz"]I know it has already been raised and the developers have been asked to resolve this. But I suspect with more people upgrading to IE7 which is very good, will be totally frustrated with the little message box and the loss of hyperlinks, colours, size of type etc. Trying to use the little box is a nightmare as you have no control of paragraphs and the quote box shows up as an encrypted message on the postings.

Baz

Eeew, I see what you mean now Baz.

I'm using IE7 now, and trying a few things on the forum to see how well they work. Line wrap, quoting, unterminated quotes "like this...

Let's try accented characters too whilst I'm at it éçô.

How about an emoticon, erm... nope can't do that.

Hyperlinks then, hmm, well I can't add one using the formatting tools, as there aren't any, so I'll try pasting one in...

http://www.completefrance.com

Now let's see what this all looks like when I post it.

EDIT one more thing, has the poll at

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/777752/ShowPost.aspx been closed, only I wanted to see if polls work using IE7, and I can't use the drop down voting list or the vote button, as they are both disabled.[/quote]

So can you vote using Firefox on the poll at

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/777752/ShowPost.aspx

or is it just that it has now closed?

Sorry I can't make the link clickable, IE7 problem. [:$] (look, I've got an emoticon, typed it in longhand, left square bracket, colon, dollar, right squarebracket).

EDIT, well no, I see I haven't an emoticon. Bizarre, it was there in the preview.

[quote user="Cat 46"]So can you vote using Firefox on the poll at

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/777752/ShowPost.aspx

or is it just that it has now closed?

Sorry I can't make the link clickable, IE7 problem. [:$] (look, I've got an emoticon, typed it in longhand, left square bracket, colon, dollar, right squarebracket).

EDIT, well no, I see I haven't an emoticon. Bizarre, it was there in the preview.[/quote]