Which Postman's Calendar?

Patmobile

Just had a seasonal knock on the door - le facteur avec ses calendriers.  Actually they're called the "Almanch du Facteur" and they're packed with useful stuff.

I chose two - one for each of our desks.  One has a couple of pictures of coastal spots in Brittany and includes a map of radar speed traps all over France, times of sunrise and sunset, recipes, household tips, city maps for our region, postcodes, a map of Europe with flags, population and area details, as well as a calendar with all the saints days.

The other shows the chateaux of Chenonceau and Vaux le Vicomte on the covers, with a map of the world, local tide tables, gastronomic guides to French regions, and a list of useful phone numbers and internet sites, as well as the calendar, postcodes and city maps.

You pay what you want to, of course.  It's like a Christmas tip to the postman, I suppose.  Having been, according to my neighbour, a bit stingy last year, I gave generously this time.

Have you had yours yet?  What did you choose?

Patrick

Only had the blue-eyed pompier so far, and I'm always very generous to them - like many of you, I'm a sucker for a handsome pompier.

The factrice is okay, but the facteur is nowt but a fat, lazy git.  Won't get out of his van for anything, if there's a parcel he doesn't even ring the bell, he just puts the "you missed a parcel" slip in the postbox.   I'd prefer a calendar with Zidane on it, anyway!   

I have just been interupted by the postie, he had a lovely choice and normaly I let the girls pick......but one had an important date at a friends learning a dance for Miss who leaves school on Friday and eldest was busy stuffing salad on her bread!  So after a flick through I chose one with cute kittens on one side and a playfull looking puppy on the other.

He deseves his tip.......he will be busy over the next few weeks with all the stuff I have ordered on the internet.[:-))]

You pay what you want to, of course.  It's like a Christmas tip to the postman, I suppose.  Having been, according to my neighbour, a bit stingy last year, I gave generously this time.

What amount was considered to be stingy? Don't know how much to give [8-)]