planning permission?

nobby

Hi ,We bought a house here in January and a month after we moved in the previous owner started to build a house on his land next to us(which he had partitioned off for grazing).No mention of building a house when we bought it.He said he was buying a property further away in another village.Notaire never mentioned it.A couple of months ago we met a couple who had been to see the property two years previous and they were told he was building a house but he was very vague about where it would be so they never proceeded.Can we do anything about this and if so who do we go to see.

If the property is under construction at the moment he must by law,display a board with the permis number,the owner of the land,which mairie the permis has been granted by and the size and nature etc. Also the builder usually has his name there too. I would take the info about the permis to the local mairie and ask to see the plans etc you have a right but if he has all correct authorisations,permits for the utilities and sewerage etc then I am afraid you will have to live with it as it is too late to contest the application. In France ALL permits are displayed at the local mairie, neighbours do not get notified of anything.

Thanks for your reply.The planning permission was obtained before we bought when he still owned the property.What I need to know is if he or the Notaire should have told us he was building right next to us before we said we would buy.

[quote]Thanks for your reply.The planning permission was obtained before we bought when he still owned the property.What I need to know is if he or the Notaire should have told us he was building right next ...[/quote]

In a word, No.

There is no concept of "local searches", as performed by a UK Solicitor, in France. It is usually left to the purchaser or his Agent to do the research. However, there is the idea of "vice cache", which you may be able to apply to the sellers actions. Ask your Noraire, but don't hold out too much hope.

Nick. Just seen your photo in BritMag which was sent to our maire who gave it to me. You are completely opposite to how I had imagined you and for the better may I add as I had conjured up a sort of Brian Ferry type.Funny how words on a computer screen give you an impression of how the author might look!

[quote]Nick. Just seen your photo in BritMag which was sent to our maire who gave it to me. You are completely opposite to how I had imagined you and for the better may I add as I had conjured up a sort of B...[/quote]

One lesson I have learned from my experiences in France - never get yer picture in the paper.....!!

Unless one hoped to get some work out of it course Val, that was a bit iffy, you picturing Bryan Ferry but the pic of Nick being the complete opposite of what you thought

As for the others with pics as well, most of them had not long got off the boat, was that a requirement?