France Telecom .... gggggrrrrrrr!!!!

chocccie

Does everyone else have ongoing problems with France Telecom??

My bills (internet/phone) were coming to more than I had expected - turns out the chap at the France Telecom shop had not explained things properly and had 'forgetten' about a charge.

So I phoned them and was advised that if I signed up to a particular plan then everything would be on a one price inclusive deals.... this would include free phone calls to all countries which bordered France, in addition to England.  Yes please says I.

But still I was charged for all of my UK calls for several months.  Five emails and a letter later,(without the courtesy of a response) I phoned France Telecom this morning.

After speaking with one very rude woman, who insisted on transferring me to the technical department (who promptly refered me back to the rude woman's department, I spoke to somebody else ......   "Oh", says the fella "this isn't on your contract"... this didn't surprise me, since when I first signed up for a phone/internet package, they didn't include the internet aspect on the contract and I was weeks and weeks without access (gasp, horror!!)

I asked about having the extra charges refunded but I'd have had to phone another department (obviously!) so I settled for a month free.  Am quids out, but I can't bear the thought of sitting on the phone for another hour.  And all written correspondence is ignored.

I've heard that France Telecom can get very shirty if you want to change supplier and can make life difficult.

So, look at your bills closely and make sure you're not paying over the odds.  And if you use the internet and call the UK frequently, make sure you're on the best plan.

Rant over!!

I have a similar package the free calls are through your livebox...their help line do not always make this clear when they set up your package ...They are  very keen to sell you the package with free calls to most of Europe and broadband.included .....I have a live box in the UK and knew you needed  two phones and the one plugged into the live box gives you the free calls ...FT  need to make this clear to callers who know nothing about live boxes ...when they enquire about connection ....but they dont ...they just want you to sign up ..then they have you for a year at least ....then I believe you can dump them . Any body making calls outside France thinking is free with their package without a live box phone will get the full international call rate on their bill .