Sic Transit Gloria Mundi!

[quote user="Renaud"]

I would like the House of Commons turned into an English parliament (on the Scottish model but reduced in size) with a beefed-up House of Lords turned into a Senate with members elected from all the countries comprising Great Britain. This is where the National Prime Minister and his/her cabinet would be drawn from and where national issues such as defence would be debated.

[/quote]

Sounds interesting.  Very radical.  You should say all the countries that comprise the United Kingdom.

By the way, does the Queen fit into this, Renaud?

I think the Queen asks the P.M. to form a government to serve her subjects.Perhaps She could ask the present P.M. to disolve it and do Her subjects a favour. I can't remember the Queen having any participation in any laws/tax's etc etc.

Regards.

[quote user="Gastines"]

I'm still waiting for suggestions for M.P's, seems no-one can think of any worthy persons.The only person springs to mind is my Dad,if we faltered,a belt across the backside soon woke us up.

[/quote]

Here is my suggestion, albeit he is no longer with us, but a lot of the present bunch seem like the living dead so I put him forward just in case somebody else wishes to adopt his policies.

Screaming Lord Sutch.  He proposed using the European butter mountain as a ski slope and sell off the parliament building for time share holiday apartments.  Other than him and the bloke who used to deliver our milk in my Sussex village I have no suggestions.

On second thoughts, put forward any, so called, celebrities on a reality TV programme called "Who wants to be an MP"and get people to vote by phone and there you have your new MPs.