arrived Nov 2007....to a rather difficult Forum reception

jon

Some of you proved to be a little "OFF " with me....way back....Forgot my password and "regrouped" Bug-Bear..Russet House and Jaqui remember your posts... a little...remember the digs about spelling and the fact that Uk is really great compared to France....and that some of you would miss their high powered positions in buisness,the "Hi SOCIETY  and all the fun of the bars,restaurants and buzz of  uk cities.And all the woes of those of you who only manage to take a few thousand euros a year operation Gites or Chambre d hote.Well its late spetember[and nothing to do with Rod Sturt].......how do     all fee aboutd the sliding property prices and the growing population which is stiffling the NHS etc??????I am happpy to tell you about my situation!

I think the sliding property prices are making  people think about investing in the UK again, wait for it to hit the bottom, then buy, buy, buy.  If you look back at how things panned out after the property cash of the nineties the year the prices started to go back up they leapt hugely so get the timing right and you could buy your old house back at a fraction of the cost you sold it for and then sell it again two years on for a fat profit!!

Jon, the current economic problems you allude to in the UK are global and the situation in France is no better, according to the dreadful economic figures published for the Eurozone yesterday, which shows France and Germany now in technical recession. Property prices in France are now being adversely affected as well, particularily in Paris where values have dropped sharply in recent months. More worrying, restaurants in France are really feeling the pinch with thousands going out of business!  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7634217.stm  

Unfortunately, this period of economic turbulence is going to hurt wherever you are in the world.

Dear Jon, I am so sorry to learn of the difficulites you experinced last year, I hope this year will be better for you[:)] It was a bad year for me in 2007 too! I fell off me bike in Goat Street last november, and I was in a trance for several days and lost me memory and everything, I  never even knew that I was a bloke for 2 weeks, that's how bad it was. Was I telling you Ireland is now in recession for the first time since 1983? Property prices have collapsed, land prices have collapsed, car prices have collapsed, and yet the price of a pedigree cat is still going up, why is that? I suppose regardless of money shortages, we will always need cats whatever price they are.

I am told by my neighbour that pig prices have reached rock bottom so anybody thinking of getting an expensive pedigree cat might do better to buy a pig.

Sorry about the bike accident Furry, bit of a worry about not knowing whether you were bloke or not, bet you didn't know whether you were coming or going did you?

About time we had some more recipes from Jon.

No difficulties...really  just came accross people who felt like being difficult!Not suprised that cats are more precious than anything in the universe....they are wonderfull creatures!The neighbours cat moved in with all his suit cases and food bowl several weeks ago and we are now a complete family.Yes summer was good....And maybe there is going to be a fincial storm brewing in  most of the world...but the fig, cherry and nut trees will keep us happy.....and the clients...hopefully will keep coming.www.closdessaveurs.co.uk    and I will offer you a receipe Pot roast of  lamb with juniper...will that be a good idea now that the days are getting cooler...a good simple all in one main course dinner party dish......or maybe the stuffed quail from the web.?

Panda.....maybe the financial side of things sounds great....but I certainly do not wish to live in London again....Songster...the restauranters in London [and elsewhere in Uk ]are worried.....very nervous...I have inside info...and friends who are still there.Nothing is easy....as I have said before ....often...you have to choose carefully where you need to be.

yes....I was the owner of Chinon...and Samien Mc Crystal wrote about our restaurant Chinon and was a regular customer....I have good memories of London for most of that period.Are you related to Damien? No happy pills.....by the way...making an effort to be happy.

God...you lot are so bitchy....no pills...except for times when I have a bad cold or headache!But may subscribe to anti-forum people tablets because sometimes you bring out a bad side of me[which does not normally exsist.Hold on there Quinllan.....we DID NOT HAVE TO SELL our restaurant we chose to sell!And, at the right time.Really very few of you know anything about the catering buisness.....or, I guesse why should you!But we had managed to train and keep our 2nd and 3rd chef for 8 and 9 years without straying perminently......and knew that thbis was about to change.Training chefs is amazingly hard work...almost harder than producing 1st class cuisine at 3 AA rosette level for 10 years[or more]So we sold...with adequate financial rewards.We had bought our freehold in the last recession from the bank...the receievers and we got 105% mortgage.Damien .....definately DAMIEN  may be a good journalist but if he lead people to think that we had fincial problems....then there is a deffinate flaw!Well after we sold we spent time seeing our frinds and catching up on relaxation...chefs and manager rarely have time for this....we always worked about 16 hours a day and at least 6 days per week.Loved my work though.Then we opened a Deli/cafe/pattiserie in Chiswick ....should have been here in France....but family matters delayed the move.Damien.....by the way fails to communicate....tried him at home...and have invited him here....What can I do....carry on enjoying being in France...I guesse.