Nuisiance phone calls

chocccie

I'm being inundated by nusiance calls from call centres ( to add insult to injury, they are the type where the call centre dial automatically dial loads of  numbers and whoever picks up first gets a message telling them to hold on and then get the joy of speaking to the call centre!!!!)

It there anywhere I can write to to have my name taken off such lists?

I did tell the phone engineer when I had the phone installed that I didn't want to be in the phone book.  But guess what .....

Bah!   I tried to subscribe to the red list and got an email saying my service was incompatible.  Phoned Orange and discovered that because my calls go through  a Livebox I am not eligible to stop the nusciance calls via the Red List.

I would have to change my subscription and my line would be down for two weeks (so I was advised by Orange) .... or I could change to another company I told him.  Yeah he said, not remotely bothered.  I could almost hear him yawning. [:@]

[quote user="chocccie"]Bah!   I tried to subscribe to the red list and got an email saying my service was incompatible.  Phoned Orange and discovered that because my calls go through  a Livebox I am not eligible to stop the nusciance calls via the Red List.

I would have to change my subscription and my line would be down for two weeks (so I was advised by Orange) .... or I could change to another company I told him.  Yeah he said, not remotely bothered.  I could almost hear him yawning. [:@]
[/quote]

Off tipic sorry but I threatened an Orange bod recently in the same way over the internet taking forever to be moved and I could feel the shrug of 'yea so what'.  I then went on to tell the last person I got (after the 5 week wait) that I had been lied to everytime I called them and that I wanted to take the matter further, they told me they have no line managers and that yes they knew that if you asked how long will the internet take to conect they often said 15 days when they mean 5 weeks and it was still another week at least until my line would be live. 

I then asked who I could complain to and they told me only the director, so I say great give me his email address, line went quiet for a couple of minutes, she came back and gave it to me.  You can guess the rest I am sitting looking at my livebox and hey presto the internet line is live!