Handy site for government resources

If your French is not up to it, the English language e-Govt link has certain drawbacks. The French portal (linked by Norman) has obvious and direct links for items of huge importance, all of which have specific timetables which absolutely have to be met and which are very well laid out on the web page. Depending upon age (and sex), I thought the most important were:

J'attends un enfant - some things have to be done during the pregnancy, then within 3 days, 15 days, 4 months and 6 months of the birth.

Je me marie - is it a sign of the times that this appears in the list after J'attends un enfant?

J'ai un décès dans ma famille - must do's within 24 hours, 6 days, 1 month, 6 months, 2 years.

Plus if your French isnt up to it surely you would not be able to go any further than reading the one page with the links to the French web-sites unless they have English translations within them. I admit I havnt checked them, many are sites that I have used in the past but even if there are Eglish translations they are often minimal or done by Google/babel fish.

I agree that the site is a good starting point for someone that would be intimidated by the French portal but thereafter?