The € in your pocket

mint

Sweet, I read that at the weekend, and as OH had just taken a chunk of money out of an ATM I got him to check. All were French, apart from one Spanish note. Whew! Actually I thought when I first read it that he'd got the date wrong and thought it was 1st April!  [:D]

All Euro currency is underpinned by the ECB- if a Euro member printed money outwith those auspices then that member would almost certainly be expelled (it would be the same a a government printing "legal" counterfeit money)

In much the same way as the BoE promised "to pay the bearer on demand" the ECB would have to do the same for any note issued by a Euro member, even if some shop keeper refused to accept it from a customer- national notes are no more than a bit of "advertising" for each Euro member

And that world famous economist George Soros always gets it right, or does he, try googling 'george sorros gets it wrong' and you will see the areas he is particularly wrong about is Europe.

Nobody has checked my 'notes' before accepting them and I changed a couple of 'big ones' this morning. Some shops stopped taking big notes (€100 +) some time back but that's to do with forgeries as some are so good even the little machines in shops can't pick them up.

[quote user="just john "]

C'mon Weedon, you telling me that you bought a weekly grocery shop for less than €50 lately[:D]

and that car of yours I know that must be worth more than €50, Weedons car-up-for-sale. (just)

[/quote]

I never go shopping JJ..and never handle common stuff like money, I leave that sort of thing to staff. I shall ask Ilie (Rumanian) if he has any of that dodgy stuff when he gets back. If he has he's gone, as there's plenty more where he came from. The last one didn't stay long either cos he said the barn was too draughty and he didn't like the owl pooping on him. What is the world coming to, some people except too much?

My brother recently paid back a debt (wow- never thought I'd see it back - he lives in domenican Republic and is a bit wild!) - in Swiss Fr 1000 notes - never seen any of those before that's for sure. Wonder what will happen when I turn out at the bakery for a loaf. Well, don't try and find me - it's gone - new patio and a balcony at the back. Thanks bro.

[quote user="Weedon"] I never go shopping JJ..and never handle common stuff like money, [/quote]

I had heard that said but I always defended you, I told'em Weedon is always good for bring a barrel and roast hog at the Summer Gala Concert in the park . . . .[Www]

Hey, Swissie, my congratulations on your good luck!  Have you got a bottle of that Swiss bubbly to crack open?

JJ, don't remind me, the Gala Concert in JJ's Park, when is it meant to be?  The summer's passing, longest day done and dusted.....come on, get on with organising it, will you?

Bubbly ?!?!  our Mauler has won many gold medals- beating lots of French champoo - I can tell you. LOL

We will definitely crack a few when they have all finished - like a mad house here. BTW the Gruyère from La Brévine has recently won the Cheese World championships for the 2nd year running - beating thousands of cheeses, from allover the world.

If you are going to check the prefix on your banknotes, take special care that you don't get any with a "J" because they are guaranteed to be forgeries.

You can probably guess, but if not the national identification codes are here:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billets_de_banque_en_euro#Identification_des_pays_.C3.A9metteurs_de_billets

- click on "3" and then scroll down (if necessary)

[quote user="Swissie"]Bubbly ?!?!  our Mauler has won many gold medals- beating lots of French champoo - I can tell you. LOL

We will definitely crack a few when they have all finished - like a mad house here. BTW the Gruyère from La Brévine has recently won the Cheese World championships for the 2nd year running - beating thousands of cheeses, from allover the world.
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, and Federer is going to win Wimbledon for the 100th time!  These Swiss are just soooooooo........er......successful!  Don't you just hate them???[6]

Krusty, last I looked it was 1.2374.  I'm getting so giddy I think it's the heat and I need to go and lie down [:D]

[quote user="just john "]

[quote user="Weedon"] I never go shopping JJ..and never handle common stuff like money, [/quote]

I had heard that said but I always defended you, I told'em Weedon is always good for bring a barrel and roast hog at the Summer Gala Concert in the park . . . .[Www]

[/quote]

That's no way to talk about my two friends.

Is it still on for me to do my Elvis turn? I might have to cut out the pelvis gyration this time even though it used to be the highlight of the act.[:$]

[quote user="Weedon"]

Is it still on for me to do my Elvis turn? I might have to cut out the pelvis gyration this time even though it used to be the highlight of the act.[:$]

[/quote]

Why, have you had those double hip replacements done at last?[:D]

Only problem is, Swissie, it doesn't make them popular cos there's all this green-eyed monstery about?

Tell me, is the £ also up against the CH franc?

Best get on with your balcon, whilst it's still summer in Switzerland?  [:P][:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Weedon"]

[/quote]

Why, have you had those double hip replacements done at last?[:D]

[/quote]

I did....and the surgeon let me have the bones for the dog.[:D]

No snow quite yet - any day now, I'm sure. There all those green eyed monsters will soon be covered by huge white drifts!  BTW Switzerland went out of the World Cup after a very poor match - can't play for toffee (even worse than England- and they did not have the excuse of having a blind referee!).

Weedon hope you are recovering quickly and without too much pain. Recently had friends over from Colorado- she had both hips done about 12 years ago and has no pain and enjoys walking, swimming, golf and skiing. But she is VERY strict about doing her exercises - swimming with physio palms and exercises with a physio elastic band EVERY day, religiously. Her OH suggested not doing them one am as we were going on a longer trip out, and she threw a wobbly - did her exercises, and then we went. Bonne chance.

OH told me that Leyton Hewitt has had both hips replaced. 

So, Weedon, don't worry about the pelvic thrusts (of course, I'm talking about your Elvis the Pelvis act!), they should pose no problems for you.

Swissie, I am not watching the football cos the excitement would kill me......as if!