A new revolution?

Clair

Well I have money to withdraw, it is for the moment safely in the bank to pay the artisans who are doing my house, and when I have paid them, then there is next to nothing left.

This, frankly I find both good and bad. It would serve the greedy bankers right if this happened, those bonuses are a disgrace. AND if it happened, then it could be like opening pandoras box and unimagineable damage could be done.

Still, I do feel tempted to do this.

Can't understand much French yet but if I am right in assuming they want every one to withdraw all their money from a bank on the same day then they are bananas.  For a start, I shall hang round outside banks in a ski mask with a Transit van ans swag bag, criminal for one day lol. 

This would close all the banks down, the government would subsidise them, we would all be paying for yet another bail out. 

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="crossy67"]Can't understand much French yet but if I am right in assuming they want every one to withdraw all their money from a bank on the same day then they are bananas.  For a start, I shall hang round outside banks in a ski mask with a Transit van ans swag bag, criminal for one day lol. 

This would close all the banks down, the government would subsidise them, we would all be paying for yet another bail out. 
[/quote]

I PROTEST! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST BANANAS. WHY SHOULD WE BE SINGLED OUT AND NOT WOMEN OR BROWN PEOPLE OR CONSERVATIVES OR EVEN ONE LEGGED WAR VETERANS  OR COOPERLOLA OR SWEETjusturned65?

I THINK YOU SHOULD BE SEVERELY REPRIMANDED BY A PLATOON OF CRS WHO WILL INVADE YOUR HOUSE AND DESTROY IT.

BEWARE OR WE WILL COME AND INSERT OURSELVES IN YOUR SLEEP AND TAKE HIDEOUS REVENGE

Eric Cantona has been at our sleeping international aeroport all this week, they have been turning a new film about a bank robbery and he is the star playing the bad guy.

This morning we had a media invasion, all the chaines have crew set up at the aeroport and outside the BNB bank in Albert, the nearest to him.

A representative was sent from the bank to ask him what time he would like to come and collect his money but was not recieved by Mr Cantona however it has just been reported on FR3 news that he has said that he will be going into town to get his money, after the bank decides to re-open after their long lunch!

Amazing the power of celebrity. http://www.lepost.fr/article/2010/12/07/2331660_eric-cantona-attendu-dans-une-agence-bnp-de-picardie.html

A shedload of journalists and film crews smoking like pompiers outside the BNP Paribas at Albert but Eric despite saying he was coming was to shy to turn up and withdraw his decouvert [:P]

Still it has put the one horse town on the map for this century [;-)]