This is a French child

mint

1. It's the daily mail.

2. It's only one child.

3. But it is the thin edge of the wedge and

4. American influence will eventually take over, just as any other world power has done in the past.

There's a show on over here about these people who dress their kids up as 20 year olds. I think it's as close to legalised child abuse as you can get.

Let them be kids for god's sake, it's unnecessary and ridiculous.

Richard, I have seen these US child beauty pageants, albeit only on TV.  And I also saw an English version.

I find it utterly depressing and also very, very scary.

Edit:  it's not the Daily Mail (easy enough to dismiss), it is one of the ultimate glossies, it is Vogue

What this tells me is you could be a child in, say, a poor part of India and have to sew shoes or hew rocks in order to get fed or you could be a child in a wealthy Western country and still have your own horrors to confront.

Such a vulnerable time being a child and I am saddened that innocent ones have to face exploitation and suffering.

The subject was featured on ABC News on the 4th August,see video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8BbZhfmgfY&feature=player_embedded

European press featured it on 5th August.

The pictures, including young girls of ONLY 6 years of age appeared in Vogue in January but comment seems to have been restricted to a small number of blogs in France.

See link for further pictures fit for Vogue and high society parisian pedobears.

http://www.tuxboard.com/enfants-maquilles-dans-vogue/

Thank you, Pacha, for the links.

I'm not sure I want to see any more.  I mean, if even Americans are shocked!  They are after all the nation which started these beauty contests for pint-sized female children. 

It's bad enough adults from the shallow world of fashion advertising want to exploit these children but it's the thought that your parents, who should be the very people you depend on to protect you, are also collaborating......[8-)]

What a sad, troubling, frightening world it's becoming.....

I have always thought that in order to become parents, one should have to pass a kind of test for a parenting licence - just like before driving. This idea is not very popular, and likely to get me called a fascist.[:'(]

It is so odious when parents use their own child to live out their own, unrealised,  fantasies - this is usually that it's all about.

Reminds me of "Little Miss Sunshine", which still managed to release a bit of a cat amongst the pigeons.

WB - I've been searching to see if Vogue have made any response but I can't find anything... Papa's link was dreadful too... I dont understand why no-one involved with the publication didn't just stand back and see what everyone else is seeing?

• 2 weeks later...

Sophie Morin, is she a fool? How can she not see that children made up like pute's is inappropriate. Her undergarments, look normal and OK, many little girls like a pretty things, with bows etc. I have no idea how pedophile's brains work, but my fear is that such advertising just plays to their sick minds.

You're not a fuddy duddy S17, there is no 'age' for anyone to be appalled and upset by this.

[quote user="Rose"]As well as echoing everyone's sentiment about these dreadful images I also have to ask who are they aimed at?  Are women meant to try to aspire to looking like this?   [:@]
[/quote]

I think perhaps it is the "no such thing as bad publicity" shock tactic.  We are talking about it, following the links, viewing the photos.  The brands being advertised get huge publicity, in a way that non-controversial adverts would never get.