Cooked to death in an Audi

idun

You need one of these, you will see similar in the cabins of coaches and buses.

[img]http://www.prestoimages.com/store/rd2267/2267_pd1925550_th1.jpg[/img]

Alternatively, as any self respecting car thief will tell you, an automatic centre punch will perform the same function [;-)]

[img]http://www.knivesplus.com/media/GB-45991.jpg[/img]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea, you need to find someone that buys cars new.

Not really relevant but I get really cross with car owners that dont know how to change a wheel and breakdown companies that are happy to do it for them, all the other members subsidising their laziness.

I got really cross with Greenflag, they ramped up their premiums at the same time showing an advert to the tune of the italian job with a blond happily painting her nails whilst her punctured vehicle created gridlock in a city waiting for the breakdown truck to arrive [:@]

I am currently renewing my insurance in France, it is cheap as chips (€140) and to my surprise I found that the breakdown cover included had a zero km franchise and that they would change a wheel for you even outside your house, I am staggered but cant take my business elsewhere unless I find somewhere cheaper which is tricky

[quote user="idun"]

Theiere, new Vauxall Corsa's don't have spare wheels so why would they need a jack? Seems odd to me. I know my friends son asked his Dad where they had hid the spare and he told him that there wasn't one.

Do those cans to blow the tyre up only work if the tyre isn't badly ripped?

[/quote]

Well that's General motors for you, the same General motors who thought it a good idea to put the fuel tank next to the bumper!

http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Aug/1/129094.html

Poxy accountants!

I am always shocked when people cannot change wheels, it isn't something I have done a lot, but I have changed three or four myself, because I can. I have never called anyone out. Why would I wait for anyone to change it. As said, some new cars haven't got them to change.

I do have some sympathy for those who cannot change a wheel.

Apart from the obvious difficulties such as knowing the correct and safe way to use the jack and releasing tight nuts wheels these days are so much bigger and heavier than they used to be and there is no denying that it can be a struggle for many, and that goes for both men and women. When you add in things such as dark and/or narrow roads, weather conditions, being dressed for an evening out etc. and it's not too surprising that people choose to make the call.

My last time was on the side of an autoroute, we were on our way to an appointment that we had been waiting for for months and could not be late. The car was swaying with the air buffeting it from the passing traffic. I worked fast, really fast and to say I was frightened is really an understatement. It is not a good place to change a wheel.

I was told off for being late for the appointment, about 2 minutes late and my filthy hands were proof. I took the wheel straight to the garage and they put the new one on, but there was nothing wrong with my work.

Just a thought: Didn't he have a mobile phone?? All young people have a phone don't they?

Also my car Peugeot 807 has double click = deadlock and single click = normal lock, but internal movement will set of the alarm on both, unless the sensor has been disabled eg. when leaving dogs inside who set them off. I have never disabled my internal sensor as I prefer to lock with a key not the fob remote which still locks the car but does not activate the internal sensor ( a must on car ferries)

Strange story! he may have been dead before he cooked.[blink]

Yes, mobile phones, but has anyone else noticed that when you really need one they often do not work. ie the battery has gone flat or no signal.  Surely that'll be mentioned when they have the inquest of whatever will be done.

I left friends tonight driving off in their fairly new Audi, going to go and play locking one or the other in it. I have been told to call in the morning and make sure they are OK.

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Jacqui Too "]

he may have been dead before he cooked.[blink]

[/quote]

My thoughts too Jacqui[/quote]

I don't think so.

The article said that 'he was 'awake dehydrated the next day before trying in vain to break a window' and presumably there was some evidence of that in the car to have come to that conclusion. If he had died of something else i.e. cooked whilst still asleep or unconscious, or  inhaling vomit lets say, then they would quickly have know that.

I had to put the article through the translator, yes I see, he didn't choke on his vomit. The article also said the internal temperature reached 70 degrees, presumably they mean farenheit which is only what 21 deg C. Sounds like a case of Darwinian selection as Chancer said.

[quote user="Théière"]The article also said the internal temperature reached 70 degrees, presumably they mean farenheit which is only what 21 deg C.[/quote]Why would you presume that. 70c is perfectly possible inside a closed vehicle on a hot day and since when did France quote temperatures in farenheit ?

I agree, they would have meant 70°C, I don't think that I know of anyone french who even knows about farenheit apart from the perfume and then they probably think that that is what it is, perfume. The car was turned into a slow cooker.