First veil cases

breizh

Of course there are 2 ways of looking at this... one is that the state is preventing them from dressing how "particular fraction of Islam" has decided they should. The other is that a "particular fraction of Islam" is preventing them from going outside in France by forcing them to dress in manner that is unacceptable to most of the population".

Which ever way I look at this, 'my' liberty feels eroded bit by bit by anyone saying that women have to wear this and women wearing any of it.

And what woman on earth would dream of doing such a thing if she were not a victim of fundamental indoctrination?

The only view I have is that this sort of action by a state only gives the accused a platform, or chance to be a martyr, thereby achieving the exact opposite of what the state professed to want to achieve. Oxygen of publicity? Or a desire to draw attention to oneself? Proudly boast I'm more devout than you? Does it matter? Yes it does now, 12 months ago it didn't. Now the nutters have a cause.

True cases of indoctrination will only be addressed with education, and time, not the Dwarf scoring cheap political points. 

They will refuse to pay. Appeal all the way through the French legal system (if they are not dead of old age by then), and end up in the ECHR, where they will win.

• 2 months later...
Saw three, presumably women wearing the niqab in a Paris CDG international departure lounge the other day.

As usual, there was a large police presence at the airport but they went unchallenged.

Not illegal now?

I wonder how they made it through immigration, did they or did they not remove the veil for identification? If not I guess they don’t need a photo in their passports anymore.