Ferry Torture

Georgina

Is anyone else like me, after travelling several hours to get to the boat late at night, find myself tortured by BFs constant announcement at very high volume in cabins. Not to mention that utterly annoying music to wake you up at full volume three times at crack of dawn. Then their "Mr and Mrs Blogs cabin 221 come to reception for everyone to hear two or three times. Can't they just go knock on their door. Honestly I really have to seek alternative travel BF are sadists. I imagine it's like being in a prison cell (: Rant over

Whilst it may seem like torture there are some ferry companies that offer the 'ultimate' night time snooze.[:D]

Depart from Newhaven at 23.00 arrive at Dieppe 4.00. No chance of a lie in as they sail back from Dieppe at 5.30.[blink]

I know which I'd rather have.

How about this one:

On the Lunea last monday night (the overnight train from Tarbes to Paris, due to arrive at Auserlitz at 07:07)...full blast in all the cabins

04:15am : "ladies and gentlemen.. sorry about the delay, we had to wait at Toulouse for a connection. We are currently running an hour and half late"

Thanks for that SNCF

[quote user="britgirl"] Whilst it may seem like torture there are some ferry companies that offer the 'ultimate' night time snooze.[:D] Depart from Newhaven at 23.00 arrive at Dieppe 4.00. No chance of a lie in as they sail back from Dieppe at 5.30.[blink] I know which I'd rather have [/quote]

Could have been worse, I do cabins only now on overnight crossings, on a previous trip, cabins were fully booked and we booked sleeper seats, only to discover that they are not actually reserved, but on a first come served basis. Consequently, first on board dumped a coat and bag in the 'best[blink]' seats; nonetheless we found a couple and started to snooze only to be woken at bar closing time when a few drunks returned to find their 'reservations' cancelled and started to rip each others lungs out, (in polite language, actual used was much more of a capital oath). - Wife sat on the floor, head on seat, trembling, no-one got back to sleep.
Despite several blokes trying to halt the altercation, it ran until they were exhausted, and despite the adage that women are better at stopping fights, none attempted to.

edit (nor did any of the staff, who disappeared )[:@]