Idun, before you ask.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9123323/Skiiers-in-Alps-have-lucky-escape-as-avalanche-hits-ski-lift.html

Yes, we are fine, nobody staying at my place this week. Feel very sorry for all those affected but as long as the news remains, nobody injured or killed, I'm happy.

You are right, I would have asked. I know quite a few people who ski there regularly and it was good to know that all that would have happened is that people would have got a fright. If I'd been left hanging, I think I'd have been wishing I was wearing adult pampers.

My assumption that you'd ask was based on how concerned you were when the chlorine factory in La Chambre caught fire! (That must be at least 4 years ago)! I remember being quite chuffed that somebody I only knew through a forum was so concerned about my well being.

A friend in the valley tells me that

They had already closed the piste slope that ran there, one or more days before the

incident, on the basis of the unusual avalanche risk. Difficult decision closing a run in very attractive condition for

adventurous customers but that is the decision that undoubtedlly saved lives.

The woman

operator at St. Francois interviewed by TF1 was clearly diligent and made good

immediate judgements, stopping skiers getting on, keeping the lift running until

the bottom stanchions started to buckle, radioing the top station when to

emergency stop, etc. St. F-L management can be proud of their

acheivement.