Breathalizer rules

[quote user="BIG MAC"][quote user="Pickles"]The problem for France is that they are not NF marked.[/quote]

They address that on their site...I think they are saying that as yet NF has not been made law as far as they are aware.[/quote]

They aren't very aware then ... That company does not manufacture the breathalysers: it is just a reseller.

The norms are referred to in the following document:

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000019656265&dateTexte=

and are NF X20702 (July 2007) and NF X20703 (October 2000).

Since the whole point of having a breathalyser comes down to meeting the legal requirement in case you are checked, what's the point in having one that does not carry the NF conformity?

Waste of money.

[quote user="mogs"]Does anyone know if the Halfords disposable ones at £2 each conform to the regulations?

I've got family visiting in August and they were thinking of buying these.[/quote]

According to the Halfords website, they are NF approved.

However, at £4.99 for a packet of two, it would be cheaper to get a packet in France (apparently €3 for a packet of 2, depending upon the supermarket) There will be no penalty until November.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="mogs"]Does anyone know if the Halfords disposable ones at £2 each conform to the regulations? I've got family visiting in August and they were thinking of buying these.[/quote]
According to the Halfords website, they are NF approved.
However, at £4.99 for a packet of two, it would be cheaper to get a packet in France (apparently €3 for a packet of 2, depending upon the supermarket) There will be no penalty until November.

[/quote]

The supermarkets presumably don't manufacture these and are also resellers...The normes referred to seem to indicate a standard deemed acceptable...but not a standard deemed unacceptable. However if the things are that cheap anyway probably best to go NF marked just to avoid the discussion at the roadside.