washing machine mould

The rubber areas in the washing machine have black mould on them and it mostly fades and dries and is unsightly but no problem . But in some areas it stays damp and becomes thick and hard to remove. Is there anything that will remove it and can be used to keep it off or at bay?

It has been given a good wipe around with diluted bleach and a run on hot with an empty load except sanyol in the powder compartments and it has come up a bit better , hopefully with a few more days of wiping with bleach will do the trick.

The machine is left open in between uses and that has helped most of the rubber but one part stays black. Will suggest trying powder and see if that makes a difference.

Try using hotter washes.  One of several drawbacks of constant 30° and 40° washes is that they fail to kill organisms such as moulds and such as flea eggs (for those with pets).

So for example bedding washed at a high temperature - alongside the normal low temperature cycles for other items - will kill mould spores lurkin in the machine and any eggs in the bedding.

My brother was a washing machine engineer and when I spoke to him about this, he suggested using powder instead of liquid.  We have the same problem with our top loader, I'll definitely try wiping with bleach.  Ta.

Suey