Best way to return a valuable item to uk.

Mac

I have to return my tablet to the UK supplier -what is the best way to do this? I still have the original box (it's only 6 weeks old and gone wrong already!). Can I pack it securely in that and strong brown paper? Is there an international registered postage scheme?

Thanks.

Colissimo International which requires a signature. You can also insure the item by value.

http://www.colissimo.fr/particuliers/envoyer_un_colis/decouvrir_loffre_colissimo/matrice_produits.jsp

Take it to La Poste, fill in the form, pay the money and they do the rest. You can track the progress of your package via the internet. Up to you if you put it in an extra box which is what I would do and put some foam round it. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you for the info. I have checked the colissino website thanks. I have a return label sent by Amazon to return the item which has a barcode on-can I use that on a colissimo parcel? If not-can I insure a parcel that is not in a colissimo box?

Mac, you don't need a Colissimo box.

You take the parcel to the PO.  They will give you a form to fill in with details of the déstinataire and your own details (it's a form in duplicate).

They'll ask you how much the contents are worth.

They'll give you one copy to keep.  The label will have a number on it and this is the number that enables you to track your parcel on the Colissimo site.