Not exactly urgent, nor seasonal

ernie

With some fairly heavy stuff being posted (by heavyweights) round here as usual, I’m hesitant to raise a topic which is of less than earth-shaking import, but here goes anyway, before I forget to remember.

How in heck does all that dust, hair and flaky bits make its way through sheet(s) onto the blanket which sits on top of the mattress cover ? It’s been baffling for ages.

BTW – the sheets are changed at frequent intervals, just in case any case anyone thinks it’s one of those “change the sheets every year, whether or not they need changing” houses.

Dust comes from the atmosphere, so I am told, or from internal fires. Hair defo comes from my head, where it grows (on top). Flaky bits, so I am reliably informed, used to be part of the epidermis, which we know is a stratified squamous epithelium, composed of proliferating basal and differentiated suprabasal keratinocytes.

Now you know.

Those are 3 of the reasons, and they are by no means all, for which NOTHING will induce me into a hot tub[+o(]

I do not want to share other people's dust, hair or flaky bits and I would not feel comfortable sharing my own above named items with others.

Well, I sort of had this conversation with a friend who lives right next to the sea recently. She had this problem on her mattress cover, usually sand to be honest, more than anything else. AND then she treat herself to some 600thread count sheets, and the sand couldn't get through and she was sleeping on it, most uncomfy!

She hadn't realised that the dog would go and sleep on her bed during the day, (ofcourse it gets walked on the beach) and with the looser weave sheets, the sand, would fall through, once it couldn't, it didn't.......... and she could feel it.

So is this the same thing, what sort of weave are your sheets. I have to say that the most thread count I have are 300tc, and they are lovely and soft to sleep on, and I daresay that they would stop 'stuff' falling through too.

We all lose skin and I suppose if we have it dandruff too, just being human, just life.

"How in heck does all that dust, hair and flaky bits make its way through

sheet(s) onto the blanket which sits on top of the mattress cover ?

It’s been baffling for ages.

"

Have you thought of sleeping on and not under that sheet? It may just make a difference [Www]

I'll get me 'at 'an coat [:-))]

But ernie, this is urgent, our 'beds' as far as I am concerned should be the most lovely place in the home, we spend an awful lot of time there.

I wish you luck sorting this problem out.

AND by the way, I suspect that I am the only 'heavyweight', I suspect that most other posters are rather more slender than I am. And it is the first time I have been called 'heavyweight', usually people say I am a 'big girl'............ and they are right![Www]

[quote user="idun"]

AND by the way, I suspect that I am the only 'heavyweight', I suspect that most other posters are rather more slender than I am. And it is the first time I have been called 'heavyweight', usually people say I am a 'big girl'............ and they are right![Www]

[/quote]

Nawgh!

Mere slip o' a lass.

The word was meant to imply those of a more serious disposition ad the topics that concern them.

Or seem to: between sips of the more interesting and useful beverages, between thinking where they actually placed the glass after the last sip.............

[quote user="ernie"]Indeed Gluestick, that is correct, my allusion was to those of a heavy intellectual weight, certainly not a physical thing. As for your last sentence, I dare not comment (in itself a comment I guess).

Bonne Nuit

ernie[/quote]

Hm now where did I place my reading glasses? Ah yes.

What were we talking about?

[8-)]

More seriously:

Bonne Année !