Anyone else read this?

Reminds me of the story my ex uk friend tells of being newly married to a frenchman, going to the butcher and asking if his sausages were 'sans préservatifs'. To which the butcher solemnly replied ' Je vous assure, madame, que je mets jamais de préservatifs'.

Her doctor husband had to explain.☺

Sue

[quote user="Clark Kent II"]When we were furnishing our French house, my wife went into the bedding department of a large store and told a salesman that she wanted a matelot.[/quote]Perhaps that was a freudian slip[:D]

My OH made me go upto the location place to enquire about a vibrating needle which is about a metre long and you put into deep concrete to mix it thoroughly. We couldn't find what it's technical name was either in the dictionary or in their location paperwork so muggins here went in and in front of several male customers asked in a loud voice for a vibrator of about a metre long.Well, after being taken aside and spoken to in a quiet voice the man on the desk showed me some pictures of what he thought I meant and it certainly wasn't called a vibrator!