Moving an insect house

As I generally pack stuff up, I have a question about the insect house in the garden which I wanna take with me as it was a present.

During the early part of the year quite a few of the holes were filled up with some sort of wasp, and closed with mud. Some then seem to have either hatched or just got fed up and burrowed out. But there are still a lot left.

In the next few days the insect house will be packed for an indefinite period ( let's say 6 months). Am I committing those creatures now behind the remaining mud walls to a slow lingering death as they hatch, as the thing will be covered in bubble wrap, or are those unhatched holes in fact already deceased?

(No Monty Python jokes please).

We walled Norman up in his barrel a few years ago and that particular Mosca seems to have survived the winter alright, by the way!

Any thoughts welcome, svp.

Do you have a friend or neighbour you could leave it with to collect later ? Sadly I think packing it will have one of two consequences : The insects die, or they come out and multiply while in the packing possibly making a nasty surprise for the un-wrapper.[:'(]

PS: OH built a big insect house from things we had in the garden: pallets, bricks, bamboo, flower pots crocs, a bit of hay/straw, logs etc.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Yes, little bird often seen tucking into tasty grasshoppers; she even sits on my spade when I am diggin so she can get the worms. Seeing her battle with a long worm as she tries to get it out of the ground is a real hoot.[/quote]

I hadn't realised she was an owl.  Is she really a wise old bird then?