Updating pet passports

Time to update the pet passports with the new address. But how? The French gouv site does not correspond, apparently.

Ideally I wanna update les puces if they contain an address or get it done as well as my address in the passeport.

The latter seems to be simply manual but what about the former, how is it done, svp?

According to DEFRA, and I would assume that the rules should be the same in France:

Section I: Owner

The first name(s) surname and full address of the person to whom the passport is first issued should be entered in part 1 of this page. .............The owner must sign in this section of the passport.

Change of address

If the owner of the animal subsequently reports a change of address to a veterinary practice, the details of the new address along with the owner’s name should be entered in the next available section and again have an owner signature.

Yes, but how would that help a dog that strayed after moving home to be reunited with its owner at the new abode?

What info does the puce contain? The owner's address, or - presumably more likely - a reference number that is held in a database somewhere and enables the police etc to check the details of ownership? So how is the puce itself updated?

Angela

Why wouldn't it?

Here's a q&a on a French vet forum:

Q:

Le vétérinaire m'a bien précisé que l'adresse sur le passeport de mon animal doit être identique à celle sur sa puce électronique si je veux voyager à l'étranger (amérique du nord notamment). Par contre, l'adresse sur mon passeport est différente : j'ai déménagé depuis que j'ai fait mon passeport il y a quelques années. Est-ce qu'il va y avoir un problème lors de mon arrivée dans le pays avec mon animal ? Merci pour votre réponse.

A:

le passeport européen est la "carte d'identité" de votre chien ; mieux vaut effectivement, pour éviter tout problème qu'il soit à jour. Avez-vous demandé à votre vétérinaire de modifier l'adresse ? Le reste,les informations sur les vaccins en cours, etc. reste valse. - See more at: http://www.santevet.com/articles/chiens-et-chats-leur-passeport-pour-l-etranger#sthash.yQS3w956.

Also, the arrete relative to the issue of pet passports says:

Le vétérinaire investi du mandat sanitaire doit enregistrer les données relatives à chaque passeport délivré, et notamment :

- Le numéro unique du passeport tel que mentionné à l’article 3.

- le nom et les coordonnées du propriétaire de l’animal.

- le numéro d’identification de l’animal, tel que reproduit à la rubrique III du passeport.

- la date de délivrance du passeport.

So it appears it's all down to vets to do the paperwork...

As Betty says it is all down to the vets.

In the UK the vet issues the passport and keeps details of this. There is no central register. There are registers of the microchips(puce) where you can get details of the registered owner of the animal. When your animal is microchipped you should be given the registration form and it is your responsibility to update any change of address, change of owner etc to the microchip company.

Just checked our chip registration documents, and you detach part of the form and return it to the chip registration company with the new address. There is a website mentioned and it may be possible to do it on line, but maybe for security reasons not.

You should have an ownership document with details of the the dog, the microchip, your name and address.

This is in two sections - on Part B write your new address and send it to the F.N.I., now called I-CaD

I-CaD

112-114 Ave Gabriel PERI

94246 L'Hay-les-Roses cedex.

I think that's right - check the address online.

I have to do the same thing, been putting it off because last time I sent the change of ownership form it got lost. I had to start all over again, contacting the seller, asking for her identification etc.