Not another Brexit thread.....well sort of !

Following a recent survey, France is statistically the most pessimistic/negative country in the world in terms of what the population think about the state of their own country and where it is going. You can read it here or somewhere else if you like.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/721234/France-list-nations-negative-future-depressing-UK-survey

This does not surprise me one bit as you will be hard pressed in day to day life to find a French person who is positive about France. That is for sure. When I say that, I mean those who live in a reality in France.

On the other hand, the UK is the 8th most positive country in the survey. How does that work ? Everyone wants to escape the UK and move to France because life is so much better ?????

Thought of the day....maybe those British expats constantly bemoaning Brexit should gain French citizenship ? They will fit in very well.

One of the things that always made me feel as if I lived in another France was the way french people were discussed on here.

My entourage has always been vocal rale'ing about just about everything under the sun, but specifically french politics and politicians at all levels. Whinge, ah yes, experts and often highly entertaining about it too.

I don't really think that anyone I know is really that unhappy either, so this is a bit of nonsense really.

Perhaps the French are simply more realistic and/or have higher expectations and/or feel more involved in their country? Saying that things are not perfect and need to be improved, is not necessarily pessimistic or negative. Sticking your head in the sand and saying everything in the garden is roses, when it's evidently not, is in a way even more negative because it suggests that eiher you've given up hoping for anything better, or you're just saying "I'm all right Jack" and do not care that other people are not.

And that eurotrash, is exactly how I think about it. And that is why I find so much in life fascinating and look at all the information before deciding my point of view. I know it goes against my nature to not think of how things affect others..... but not just in the short term, because quick fixes are not usually the answer to anything.

I