Primaires Sunday, right to vote?

betise

Does anyone know who has the right to vote on Sunday for the primaires? I know that, in principle, anyone has the right, but does that include us foreigners of european origin?

I'd like to make sure that the poison "person of small stature" is eliminated. I have the right to vote in municipals, and have put my 2 euros aside, just in case.

Thank you

I'm not totally sure but I think you would need to be eligible to vote in the l’élection présidentielle 2017 reading between the lines below:

(I am on the liste électorale for the municipales but not for the présidentielles. It may be stated on your carte élécteur)

Le vote est ouvert à tous. Il n’est pas réservé aux adhérents des partis. Pour voter, il suffit : 

- D’être inscrit sur la liste électorale au 31 décembre 2015 (ou d’avoir 18 ans à la date de l’élection présidentielle 2017)

- De verser 2€ par tour de scrutin de participation aux frais d’organisation

- De s'engager sur l’honneur en signant la phrase suivante : « Je

partage les valeurs républicaines de la droite et du centre et je

m’engage pour l’alternance afin de réussir le redressement de la France.

»

Le vote outre-mer sera organisé dans les mêmes conditions, en tenant

compte des décalages horaires, comme pour une élection nationale.

and see: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1937

but you can always turn up and see what happens

Thanks Norman, but I read that as being registered on the "liste électorale" (which we are both) OR reaching 18 years of age for the presidential elections. But, as always for French administrative advice, as clear as mud.

I'm going to try anyway, not because I"m particularly right-wing, just anything at all to remove Sarkozy from the running.

As NH's link states, the only vote one has  is in local and EU elections for EU citizens living in France.

My OH managed to vote in the regionals once and then our venemous, malicious Maire had a go at me about it!

My question is though, isn't this just an election for the party representative? And one has to join the party to vote, so could you vote in this election?????? I really do not know what you would do, if you are hell bent on voting at this level.

"Qui peut voter

Le vote n'est pas réservé aux adhérents ou militants des partis. Les votants doivent simplement respecter trois conditions :

être inscrit sur les listes électorales à la date du 31 décembre 2015

verser une contribution de 2 € par tour de scrutin

signer un engagement sur l'honneur indiquant qu'on partage « les valeurs républicaines de la droite et du centre ».

Source

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/faq/57094-primaires-de-la-droite-comment-voter#qui-peut-voter

Il suffit donc de se présenter muni d'un document d'identité (CNI, passeport, etc.) et de sa carte d'électeur.

"

Sorry, I've just realised that the quote that I posted repeats almost exactly that of Norman. However, both quotes are quite clear in stating that one does not need to be a member of the party to vote.

Is IS only to establish the candidate republican for the presidentielles, but the candidate does at least need to be credible.

If Sarko gets to represent the centre-right due to the primaires on Sunday, we will be between a rock and a hard place for the presidentielles later.

On the front cover of my carte électoral it says

delivrée à un citoyen d'un Etat membre di l'Union européene autre que le France

Le présente carte est valable exclusivement pour

LES ELECTIONS AU PARLIAMENT EUROPEEN

MES ELECTIONS MUNICIPALES  (their caps..)

Ministère de l'Intérieur

I think that if yours says the same they can see that you can't vote for the présidentiels so might not let you vote for the Primaires either, but as i said before, you can try...