Sending packing case from Mayenne to uk

Dave

Hello, after many happy years of owning a property in France the time has come to sell.

We will not be bringing any large furniture back to the uk but will have a number of smaller items (not more than a packing case in total) that we would like to return.

Can anyone please advise us on the most cost effective way of doing this (we will be flying, not driving).

Thank you.

Regardless of weight it's extremely doubtful that something 1m x1m x 1m would ever be accepted as excess baggage and absolutely not on the likes of likes of RA or Easyjet who have no freight capabilities or facilities whatsoever.

To send as airfreight it will need official IATA paperwork for which you will need the services of a forwarding agent and that in turn means getting it to them and collecting it at the other end so somewhere along the way couriers are likely to be involved so why not just courier it in the first place, it will definitely be cheaper and be door to door to boot, it's really a no brainer [;-)]

Quite right ANO, but most people are not transporting their 1m cube Thomas Moore statue, but rather a number of smaller items that could be conveniently packed into suitcases.

I accept that ryansnare and Sleazyjet would not accept extra baggage like this easily or cheaply, but national flag carriers will - and their fares can at times be surprisingly competitive. They can also be astronomical, so choosing the right flight is essential.

It was the OP who mentioned 1m3.

Maximum excess baggage both on RA and Easyjet is 32kg and is charged at £10/kg, mainstream and flag carriers typically levy a charge 1% of the 1st class airfare per kg so could easily exceed that.

From the comparison website the best price for a 1m3 pallet weighing 100kg is €340

I know what I'd do !

Great site, well for France it is great, better then that it is ground breaking.

In 12 years of trying to get an on line price in France for a delivery all I have ever done is been asked for the ins and outs of a ducks ar5ehole and then more pointless questions then a long wait to be told that they cant give a price or to ring them or to register with the site giving even more personal détails.

So to get a price is a first, to get several makes me think that I am either sleepwalking or still in the UK, the prices are reassuringly French though especially the €791 for a 10kg shoebox France to France [:-))]