French rail strikes

Interesting comment - can be taken two ways.

Environmentalists disagreeing about relative merits (my view) or right wing money grabbers with little conscience are agreeing as they drive their large cars or white vans to demand money from their poor tenants who cant buy their own houses.

Again irony is that these people vote for the tories who laugh at them, but do rely on them to further the cause of big business and off-shore billionaires whose money should be supporting the poor tenants!!!

Should only be a reasonable living for those who work towards providing the accommodation - not rocket science.

Richard, you take my bypasses comment in quite the wrong way.  The town desperately needed a bypass, and there was no other way around it. Yorkshire river valleys I might add, and it has made the town thrive.  I was there last year and not at all easy to park, so popular it was.  Swings and roundabouts, the line was cut by Beeching and unlike many places cycling around the town and city was not difficult, and still is not.

• 3 weeks later...
It seems that the lords and master of the universe have decided on thirty odd days of rail strikes, two days a week from 3rd May.

If you can get it to open, scroll down this article to see the days, or go to the Figaro.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2018/03/16/20005-20180316ARTFIG00107-sncf-le-calendrier-des-jours-de-greve.php

Bar stewards.....selfish awful people. No idea as yet how will it affect my son, probably a lot!

SNCF on a par with Air France pilots who want a BIG pay rise, already, work shortest hours and earn more than pilots from other major European airlines....or so says french news...and always have their greves to inconvenience their passengers the most.