Virus: I was very hard , politely, with my neighbour today

My neighbour retired from her job as a home carer a few months ago because she could no longer cope with heaving round heavy bodies. She also has a serious long term cough that drugs have not managed to sort out. I hear it across the fence.

Today we talked over the fence as we sometimes do, with a good distance between us, then she dropped her little bombshell. She was going over to see her daughter and grandkids who were gonna put on a bit of a family party. I told her not to. Then she said that she had to go as they would be angry and she wanted to see the kids. I sort of asked her if she was mad and wanted to be ill or even die. Did she not know she was in the very high risk group.......but her daughter would be angry. Finally I made her promise not to go but to stay safely locked up. Will she stick to it? Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...

(edoted to sart mai lawsy typering!)

I'm afraid that, not only has the message not sunk in in some cases, but that it is being deliberately ignored by those who should better.

In my 1 hour stroll around the village yesterday (under 450 inhabitants), there were at least 2 large family barbecues going on.

I have now decided to walk out of the village for half an hour everyday and then start back.  It just p...s me off completely how stupid and ignorant some people are.  As for Trump, when he was whinging on about how the virus was hurting HIM and his businesses.........well, words failed me...

My favourite word this week is: COVIDIOT.

There seem to be plenty of them about:

A valid reason for being out in a country that is being overwhelmed by COVID-19?

"I am following my husband to see if he cheats on me"

https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/cronaca/lazio/nettuno-polizia-ferma-una-donna-in-pigiama-seguo-mio-marito-per-vedere-se-mi-tradisce_16536501-202002a.shtml

For those of us who don’t know Italian, maybe keep those little grey cells ticking over by trying to understand the report! ?