guided walking in Provence

Jasper

Hi,

I'm planning to do some walking in Provence in June, and as I'll be going there on my own I have been looking at the various group holidays offered.  However, they tend to be 7 or 8 day ones: I'd prefer a shorter format so that I can do my own thing for the rest of my trip to France. 

Therefore, does anyone know of a company that puts on one-day or weekend group guided walks?

Any help would be v. gratefully received!

thanks,
Jasper.                                  

Hi,

Thanks v. much for the suggestions.

Inntravel does self-guided walking, including some short, 4 day itineraries, but as I don't have a companion I'd probably prefer to do a group walk with a guide.  I've started having a look at the French tourist boards, to see if there is a French company which does the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Regards,

Jasper

Hi Jasper,

Hope you find something...if not give me a shout, I'll be spending as much time as work allows in the hills and mountains of the south this spring & summer I guess another bod or two could be fun, although I sleep rough and don't come down for meals. What fitness level are you at?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Sorry about the belated reply...I've only just noticed your post.  In the end I decided to go on a week's walking holiday with Exodus, so I had a successful week in Provence in mid-June.  The lengths of the walks were about right - several hours each day.  Perhaps the best walk was the one between the hill towns of Gordes and Rousillon.  I like some creature comforts, such as eating well when on hol, so I'm not sure if sleeping out on the hillside would be my thing - unless just for a night or two.

Rgds,

Jasper