New Year evening

Freddy

Norman’s New Year bashes are notorious and he is very generous with his invitations, though he does like a bottle of booze to add to whatever he has obtained elsewhere. Beware some of his smokes, though as they are illicit in the extreme, North African, best quality. Bloody good stuff though! Enjoy?

There will be lots of places to go, are you up for a proper Reveillon de St Sylvestre????

I never was, never lasted the night out.

There will be fetes a local salle de fetes/polyvalente, or what ever they are called in your region. They will be in restaurants too. And wherever you go, they are usually expensive, well, I think that they are.

Idun, yes! That last sentence.

Had friends trying to sell us the idea of going to a local pizzeria for St Sylvestre last year. It was new so we had no idea of what the place or the food might be like. Turns out that they were going to be charging €60-€70 a head, the place was tiny and after we'd had lunch there I certainly didn't fancy going again.

We invited everyone round to ours, they all brought food to share, and we had a great evening.