BMI Baby and Toulouse

Ron Avery

Its Official, BMI Baby have just published their summer routes and  there are no Toulouse flights to E Midlands or Cardiff after March.  It would appear the Toulouse route has been sacrificed for the Bordeaux flights from Birmingham.

Judging by the numbers of people who used BMI baby in the summer and over the Christmas period, (the flights must have been full going back after Christmas), this may not be the best commercial decision BMI baby have made, or perhaps Toulouse have been leaned on by Airfrance.

Perhaps it is also to shore up BMI's scheduled flights to Toulouse, but having waited 4.5 hours on Christmas eve for a scheduled BMI flight from Manchester, (plane not available at Manchester, had to be brought from Edinburgh) I am not sure BMI are interested in this route at all.

Hmmm

Somebody else was reporting elsewhere that Perpignan airport is 'under scrutiny' at the moment as well.

For anybody that knows the area I could see a good argument for an airport in the area of Latour de Carol / Puigcerda which would have a cracking skiing market and still be useful to the area as a whole.

Where is the 'new airport ' suggestion box (smile)?

[quote]Its Official, BMI Baby have just published their summer routes and there are no Toulouse flights to E Midlands or Cardiff after March. It would appear the Toulouse route has been sacrificed for the ...[/quote]

Hmm, don't know what's up at East Midlands as BMi Baby have also axed mid-week flights to Nice this year, and the prices are well up on last year.  We fly down four or five times a year from Yorkshire so lucky for us Jet2 Leeds do Nice very cheaply.  Nothing to France yet arranged from Robin Hood but speaking to travel agent yesterday she says she has it on the QT another operator will come in later this year to do France.  We wait in anticipation.

[quote]Its Official, BMI Baby have just published their summer routes and there are no Toulouse flights to E Midlands or Cardiff after March. It would appear the Toulouse route has been sacrificed for the ...[/quote]

Yes I posted about this before Xmas, we phoned them and they confirmed no flights from Nottm. Flybe from Brum is really expensive, especially as we have to stick to school holidays. Have given up and booked Speedferries for Easter.

Maz

[quote]Hmmm Somebody else was reporting elsewhere that Perpignan airport is 'under scrutiny' at the moment as well. For anybody that knows the area I could see a good argument for an airport in the area of...[/quote]

Hi

can you point me to the Perpignan news.

It is of interest to me !

Peter