I want to go either to cherbourg or caen for 24hrs and I would ideally like it for next to nothing! But I can`t find a cheap crossing, any ideas, it seems I have to pay the same (£150) as I would if I stayed for 5 days. If anyone knows otherwise please let me know

Thanks

[quote]I want to go either to cherbourg or caen for 24hrs and I would ideally like it for next to nothing! But I can`t find a cheap crossing, any ideas, it seems I have to pay the same (£150) as I would if I...[/quote]

is Brittany Ferries no good to you? http://www.brittanyferries.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=161&CFID=291832&CFTOKEN=94548838

I know their £9.95 is a bit of a come on and you end up paying more but I should think it works out at less than £150.

Liz (29)

I did the Brittany Ferries 24-hour a couple of weeks ago, and with a 4-berth cabin each way it came to about £61 for 2 adults and a normal-size car, including Property Owner's Club discount. Why it should be £345 when I stay 3 weeks I don't know! And I'm not even an accountant...

• 3 weeks later...