Road works A1 - A3 heading into Paris

Though probably not the best route, I was used to the A26, A1, A3 route into Paris before jumping off the periferique at Pont D'Italie for the A10 south. However the last few times I have been thwarted by the road being closed just after Charles de Gaul. For whatever reason (poor diversion signs) I seem to end up on a different route each time.

Can anyone advise of a pain free alternative when travelling from Calais that will quickly link to the A10 - A20 (Limoges then onto Toulouse) that manages to avoid the road works?

Many thanks,

Mike

There are two routes, both heading from calais towards Boulogne. One goes to Rouen, then Evreux, Dreux, Chartres and then picks up motorway just north of Orleans. Slow thru Rouen (ordinary roads) and from Dreux onwards which is ordinary roads, plus Chartres is a pain. Some swear by this route.

The other thru Abbeville, Amiens and round the West side of paris before linking upto autoroute. This is virtually all motorway.

Go to www.viamichelin.com and enter boulogne to orleans to avoid the A1/A3 route.

Bob

at charles de gaule i use n104 which is like m25 going round london as far as distance is concerned but has less traffis is dual carriage way and links up with a10 to orleans. have used it 4 years and never a delay and it is getting better all the time.adds a 30 +KMS. to direct route .