Van rental UK to France

goose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Will, I've had all sorts of problems with the forum and IE recently and only just got access back. Being the conscientious type I rather naively applied all the microsoft security updates recently and then spent the last 2 weeks repairing, reloading and restoring my laptop. Grrr. Thank you Microsoft. Hopefully now I can read and send PMs!

re: the Van, we tried a number of people and they were all hideously expensive as soon as I mentioned going to France. The trailer people were reasonably cost effective but couldn't provide insurance cover for Europe so we have to sort out our own. ho hum. Life's never easy is it?

Havng done the sums re ferries, diesel, vans, storage units etc we've now decided that we're going next week with the seats in the trusty estate down and the roof piled high. All our friends with estate cars are going to get an invite soon and a couple of boxes each to bring!

How long are you going for?  If the van is going to be unused for a few dayswhile you unload the stuff and relax (so long as the van is safe and secure).... then just tell them you'll be in France for two days - the actual days you're on the road travelling to and from your house, the day's when you might have a problem.  When it's secured on your own property, not being driven, and in no danger - then it doesn't make sense to pay extra.