Advice please-Ouistram

Monika

Don't know if you have made your trip yet or are currently there however, I noticed a few restuarants in the avenue de la mer are closed until mid January or later but when driving round the roads near the terminal some looked open 2 days ago.

I can recommend one, but can't remember its name. However, take road out of the terminal, take right at 2nd traffic lights and it is about 50 metrs on the right.

HTH

[quote user="Monika"]

We are going on a 24 hour trip to see our building site via Caen (Ouistram). Any recommendation what to do until the night ferry sails especially Restaurants if possible walking distance from the Ferry Terminal.

Thank you.

[/quote]

I agree with Will, there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance of the ferry port at Ouistreham BUT finding one open could be a problem.  Having the misfortune to have a birthday in early January I have often phoned round locally to find somewhere that is open for a nice meal and there is hardly anything.  It is the Congé season!  I doubt if Ouistreham is much different from this area.  I just looked up one I know, Le Normandie, which is a Logis de France and it is closed through most of January.  May I suggest you phone beforehand www.pagesjaunes.fr will find you some numbers.

Bon Appetit

Liz

Thanks Liz. You are perfectly correct. Ouistreham is primarily a seaside resort so there will be fewer facilities in winter as a matter of course, though having a fairly busy ferry port makes it worthwhile for quite a lot of businesses to stay open. But the post-New Year period is typically when the catering and hotel business in all of France takes its own holidays.