New peages on the new N154

On my way back last time (May 2nd), and going North up the N154 dual carriageway south of Evreux, there were what looked suspiciously like peages being built at SOME newer junctions, but nowt at some older ones. It's NOT a motorway, AFAIK, and is 110km/h rated.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks, Alcazar

Came through there beginning of April and can,t say I noticed anything.Am going down again at the end of this month so I will be sure and look out.I also did a google for the n154 and one site did mention it is being upgraded to motorway status but surely not just the short section from Rouen to Dreux ?I hoped they meant it was going to be upgraded right to Chartres and perhaps down to the A20.

It would sure be nice if they by-passed St Remy sur Avre and Nonancourt. Dreux is a pain, and Chartres is little better at busy times. The road from Chartres to the A10 at Allaines, or a bit further, can be painful too. Get stuck behind a lorry at busy times, and you've had it. I've started cross country-ing via Voves.

Alcazar

Alcazar,

Agree with you 100% about the route down from Rouen to Chartres and onwards to the A10.

There is a French language forum at http://saratlas.free.fr/ where you may be more likely to get a comment, albeit in French

On a different subject we are off to France tomorrow with our new "Autoroute Doofer". I assume that your lack of comment meant you had no problem with your initial experience.

Brian

I dont know if you,ve noticed but they are bypassing Le Boullay Mivoye (after Dreux).You can see all the bridges are in just needs a road now ! Brian ,sorry to be nosey but what is an "Autoroute Doofer"

Matt

[quote user="Matt C"]

Brian ,sorry to be nosey but what is an "Autoroute Doofer"

Matt

[/quote]

I think he is refering to a telepeage - which allows you through the automatic gates without having to stop (or queue)

We're off again 27th May, so we'll see what they've done by then, although it may be dark when we go down, we tend to travel through the night. We'll have to look on the way back.

The Autoroute doofer was brilliant, saved me LOADS of time queueing, and loads of hassle NOT getting out of the car to run round and pay.

I've just received two more holders for the doofer, one to replace the one I installed badly on one car, and one for the other car.

Wish I'd bought one years ago.

Alcazar

• 3 weeks later...
Came up the n154 yesterday and all I saw was a new aire being installed south of Evreux.There is a board between Chartres and Dreux showing diagrams of some buildings but I think thats just the Z.I. on the other side of the road.

Yes I travel this route every six weeks or so whilst my new build in 82 is ongoing. I think that we are talking about a new 'Aire' under construction here - in typically wacky French style I might add. No sign of any peages at all when I came back on 18 May.

I too use the doofer thingy which is one of the best decisions I ever took - I am almost always alone so no dashing around the front of the car and fumbling with small change - it's worth its weight in gold - well almost!

Roger

[quote user="Alcazar"]

. Dreux is a pain, Alcazar

[/quote]

Ain't it just [:-))] All those damn roundabouts [:(] Went through there on Saturday and back on Monday a great journey down to St,Amand Montrond apart from that section. off the ferry at LeHavre 9am arrived St A-M at 2pm with an hour stop at the aire near Orleans mainly due to one of our party having his front numberplate on his dashboard which got him a 100euro fine in the aire [:-))] (luckily I'd told him to have his V5 with him otherwise they were going to impound the car [:-))]) the gendarme looked at the Inforad on my dash and I thought oh-oh [:'(] but he stuck up his thumbs and said " Inforad is good !" and smiled [:D] phew!!! LOL

Driving within the legal speed limit means that the presence of speed enforcement cameras is immaterial.  On that basis, the £70 would seem to be a waste of money.[;-)]

For anyone unable or unwilling to observe the legal limits, all French fixed speed camera locations are well advertised and clearly signed on approach, so use of the MkI eyeball would be cheaper...........

Ah well we all know how easy it is to slip over the limit esp. when driving a UK car with the KPH speeds this big in blue on black and I do not believe anyone who says they never exceed the speed limit ....sorry[:-))] Who said I only use it in France [;-)][:D] there are also huge things called trucks that unfortunatley block the view of roadsigns at times esp. the camera ones as they are pretty low LOL anyway the gendarme seemed very happy with it [;-)][:D]

Just got back, 2am this morning.

The "Peages" turn out to be toilet blocks!

NOT going to post regarding speeding, cameras or owt related. Anyone who's read any of my posts before knows my feelings. The French don't call 'em "Boites a sous" for nowt!

Alcazar