Hotel near Boulogne sur Mer

David

We usually travel from North Deux-Sevres to Boulogne via Alencon and Rouen, and stay in the Boulogne Ibis hotel overlooking the river, before crossing the channel with Speed Ferries.

However, our last experience with the Ibis was not good, and we wonder if anyone can recommend another hotel in the area?

I need a "disability" room with a walk in shower, no steps to the room or hotel (lifts are ok), and secure parking at the hotel.  I also need a restaurant in the hotel as I cannot walk very far.

I had hought of trying some of the hotels in the resorts south of Boulogne, but their web sites ae not very helpful.

Any advice gratefully received.

David

Logis de France is a federation of small family run hotels.  Their [url=http://www.logis-de-france.fr/fr/recherch/index.htm]WEBSITE [/url] has a search function by criteria - you can specify disabled access to the hotel and the restaurant.  A search under the region Nord Pas de Calais/disabled access reveals a number of hotels in the area which may be suitable for you.

In our experience, they are excellent hotels and their restaurants offer first class regional menus.

hi

We can recommend the Hotel du Centre at nearby Wimereux. Short drive away - restaraunt on site and secure parking. Can't remember too clearly how well it rates on accessibility issues but worth giving them a call (they speak English). Their web site is at: www.hotelducentre-wimereux.com