From where to Rodez?

Pads

I already have flights booked to carcassonne but i just noticed this airport yesterday and thought it would be a different option another time, if we couldnt get flights when we wanted them. and i like to try new routes, and explore new places. but an hour and a half isnt bad. have you used this airport is it about the same size as carcassonne?

No,  I've never been to this airport, it's such a hike to get there and this route reminds me too much of the days when we used to play every week-end in l'Allier and Haute Loire. 

I could drive there blindfold - but I don't have to anymore!!![:D]

There's always Toulouse with eastjet and flybe as an alternative, flight's about 1 hour and 3/4 and the airport's about an 1 and a half from Mazamet.

Rodez is a small airport with just a small snack bar and I believe a restaurant hidden upstairs. Air France fly there from Orly 2/3 times a day. We use it regularly and will continue to do so and it is fine. Advantage for some people is that there is free parking at the airport albeit you can only find room in the adjacent field which gets very muddy in winter.

Toulouse is also an option for us as the airport is to the north of the city which is ideal for us being in the Lot.

Hope this helps.

John

I have only flown into Rodez.  The restaurant upstairs is excellent value for money - almost worth the trip in itself.  But the airport is VERY small and the departure lounge can barely hold a plane load of passengers.

There is a tented temporary extension now in use in the departure lounge, this is because Ryanair now has 737 -800 planes that carry more passengers, perhaps there are plans to make this a permanent fixture.  However, there are no plans to extend the car park to accommodate the ever increasing number of untaxed UK registered cars and vans now taking up the car parking places and forcing french legal and insured cars to park on the grass.