CDG hotels

Ac50

Can anyone recommend a hotel close to Charles de Gaulle airport.  We have a early morning flight (need to be at the airport by 8 am on a Sunday morning).  Seem to be quite a few to choose from on the internet but would be good to know if anyone has had any good/bad experiences.  Thanks

Ac50 - I stayed at the IBIS Terminal (the one with about 6 floors).  It was a nightmare.  So loud ALL NIGHT LONG.  Kids arriving at all hours of the night screaming up and down the hallways.  I realize this is an airport hotel, but it was way over the top on noise.  Room was basic, nothing extra, but that was fine.  Had to have a maintenance man come up to open the window (it was hot as heck in the room).  Room was clean though, so room was okay.  Noise left me with maybe one hour of sleep before a morning flight.  I would never stay there again.

We also stayed at the IBIS further out.  There are so many around the airport.  This one is about 7 kms from the terminal  It does have a shuttle - be sure you get the right shuttle, there are so many for the various IBIS, etc.  It was great.  We had two rooms at the end of a hallway.  They were totally quiet.  Nicer than the Terminal hotel, better equipped, larger, etc.  AND, our room was 49 euros.  Would stay there again in a hearbeat.  The IBIS Terminal hotel was 89 euros per night, lesser quality and a noise level that would send you off the deep end.

Also stayed in the Sheraton (in the airport) which was fine, though at 250 euros for the room, it should have been nicer.  Room was a bit dingy and restaurants very expensive.  If you have the budget, stay there as it is SO convenient.  If you don't look elsewhere.

I can recommend the Kyriad Prestige.

Large soundproofed rooms (two double-glazed windows, one on the inner

surface of the wall, one on the outer) and an acceptable 'carvery' type

restaurant.

I can't remember the price we paid, but it was not much more than an ordinary Kyriad.

They also run a bus shuttle service to and from the airport in partnership with the Campanile next door which I think is free.

The open carpark is free but they also have a secure underground carpark for a few euros a night.

Hope this helps,

Roger.

I can't personally recommend a hotel, but I can recommend tripadvisor. They list the CDC airports, and give ratings and reviews (good and bad) based on the accounts of people who have actually stayed at them.

I aways use tripadvisor when searching for a hotel, and have not yet been disappointed with any of the hotels I have chosen based on the reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g196587-Roissy_Ile_de_France-Hotels.html

Looks like the SuiteHotel Paris CDC is reasonably priced, and rates as the 4th most popular of the 23 hotels reviewed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies.  Don't know why I didn't think to use Trip Advisor, we usually do, don't know why I thought the airport wouldn't be included!

Managed to get a kingsize room at the Hilton (CDG) for 99 euro - they were top of the list!  Booking online directly with the hotel, 3 weeks in advance, gave the best price.  I often find if you book direct on hotel websites you can get better prices. 

Hopefully can relax before facing the flight back to Canada[:(] boo hoo!!!!