Flights to Nimes from Liverpool - no winter schedule?

tom

I think I'm right in saying that they discontinued flts last winter Nov - Feb (ish), except for the Christmas period.

Loadings are usually pretty good from both there and EMA, so hopefully no cause for concern for the future.

I'm at the airport next week, so I'll ask the bloke who runs the tabac - he'll know.

no, they flew all through the last couple of winters,dropping the monday flight this last winter.spoke with Ryanair rep who said it seemed to be a 'tech' problem.i asked directly if there was a dumping of the route, but was told 'not as far as i know'. notice on review that east midlands flights are not up either.maybe a bad sign.

Tom ............

My apologies: you're right.  I think that it was the EMA which got dropped for the Winter season.

Anyway, whatever may have happened last Winter is irrelevant now.  I'll still ask Paul what's going to happen this Winter.  Info from the proverbial horse's mouth this time next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the lady in the tabac today and as expected, she knew the score!

It seems that the runway at Nimes is going to be re-surfaced and this will mean no flights to any destination will operate from the airport for the duration of the works. Work is supposed to start at the end of October and should take about one month, but exact duration is weather-dependent.  Having said this, she said that the precise start date is a bit flakey because it is France after all ! 

She didn't know whether there would be extra flights to (for example) Montpellier.

I took the precaution of checking 10 mins ago on the Ryanair website and the daily Luton flight is only being offered up to and including Sun 14th October, so I would imagine that it'll be much the same for the other destinations.

My guess would be that Ryanair won't reinstate flights and offer seats for sale until the re-surfacing has been completed and only then for a re-start date a month or two hence (otherwise they'd be flying empty planes for several weeks).  

Last week Ryanair contacted those who had LPL-FNI bookings after 14th October to cancel the flights (previously they had sold flights up to the end of October) - they are offering either full refunds for the cancelled flights or else STN-MPL.

Regards

Pickles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those down here who are interested.

There was a full page piece in la Marseillaisse today covering a press conference held at Nimes airport yesterday by the Ryanair Sales & Marketing Director (presumably for France).  The general drift was 'bullish' but as you'd expect non-committal: the EMA route is suspended for the Winter, the Charleroi route has shown the biggest growth, loadings in general are well up.

It seems reasonable to suppose that all 3 routes to the UK will continue, though one doubts that there will be more introduced.

The airport management talked about more routes ex Nimes to Seville (the bullfight connection), North Africa and Italy.  Also, the opening of an airside shop for the sale of wine / oil etc - the landside one is shafted over that given the current security restrictions.  

Don't believe all you read in the press!

The N.African one is probably indicating Morocco but there's still the same problem over that issue as last year when they had to refund hundreds of tickets to those who'd bought from Marseille, Girona & Frankfurt