Poitiers Airport - stolen wheel-nuts

John A

A long-shot, but it would be most appreciated if anyone can give me any information which would enable me to thump the scumbag that stole the front off-side wheel-nuts from my elderly (French reg) Peugot 205 at Poitiers Airport sometime in December.

Why the hell should anyone want to steal 4 wheel nuts, and leave a wheel (with a nearly new tyre on it) propping up the bodywork?

Anyway, full marks to the 2 kind-hearted security guards, who helped us out of the jam on New Years day!

No - haven't checked the spare, but the boot was locked still, and you need to open it to get to the spare - so hoping all is ok there. We're back in the UK now for a couple of weeks, so will check next time. Shan't say where the car is now parked, in case the wrong person has reads this!

It was rather sad actually, the security guards took us to a small car park behind the flying school where they had 4 cars waiting to be scrapped (hence spare wheel nuts for us) - all English. They said they had contacted the UK families but all 4 cars belonged to people who had died, and the families had asked the airport security guards to dispose of the cars.

[quote user="John A"]No - haven't checked the spare, but the boot was locked still, and you need to open it to get to the spare - so hoping all is ok there. We're back in the UK now for a couple of weeks, so will check next time. Shan't say where the car is now parked, in case the wrong person has reads this!

[/quote]

There was a program on UK television , probably a couple of years ago now, where access to the spare wheel was also possible from underneath the vehicle although when first confronted with this the manufacturer denied this could happen but had to admit in the end that it was possible.

I have two manufacturers in mind but I can't remember which it was so I'll not guess and post their names.

You didn't need it as the security guys helped you out thank goodness but as a get-you-home measure (which everyone probably knows anyway) is to take one nut from each of the other 3 wheels and put the remaining wheel on with them.  Obviously this is only to be done in an emergency and driving at low speed for minimum distance etc