Trouble free Shuttle crossings

Lyza

Been a frequent traveller user for the past 4 years. Used  Eurotunnel  for the first time since the fire. Excellent crossing, on time both ways - in fact caught an earlier crossing on Sunday morning because we arrived early to ensure we did not miss the early call. Best service we have ever had I think, over a half term. Well done Eurotunnel. No delays for passports or customs.

Long may it last!

I beg to disagree. £100 for a return ticket in the middle of the night on the short crossing is a lot for pre tunnel-fire fares. I love the tunnel but can only seem to get these prices at very odd and inconvenient hours - shame.

That's why I've got the Superticket on Speedferries which, after you've paid for say 6 in advance, work out at around £40 or so for a return at any time. Even booking just one return trip might cost you around £40 to maybe £80 ish for a return at sensible times.

Having said all that, I always turn up expecting a cancellation, a very late crossing or maybe a very slow crossing when one of the elastic bands has broken. 

[quote user="Nearly Retired"]

IThat's why I've got the Superticket on Speedferries which, after you've paid for say 6 in advance, work out at around £40 or so for a return at any time. [/quote]

In the interests of clarity I should point out that making a return trip  using a current 6 trip prepaid voucher will cost £64 not £40.

It has been many years since the supertickets were selling for £19 per crossing and that was for a 10 trip voucher.

I have just exhausted a 10 trip voucher which cost me £220 (although often during the 2 years I bought cheaper and 2 for 1 tickets instead) and have just paid £250 for another one, the tickets are however much more restricted when you check the small print. Before if there was space on the boat no matter what price or tariff you could book; now it has to have space in the flex ticket category.

What this means in practice is that during the busier periods they allocate more and more space to "premier class" passengers preventing those that have prepaid (and massively aided their cashflow) from travelling without paying an extra charge.

It is still good value and service for a one boat operator, I have travelled more than 20 times and had one delay, one cancellation and no rough crossings (famous last words).

[quote user="Nearly Retired"]

That's why I've got the Superticket on Speedferries which, after you've paid for say 6 in advance, work out at around £40 or so for a return at any time. Even booking just one return trip might cost you around £40 to maybe £80 ish for a return at sensible times.

[/quote]

Methinks that at the moment you will not be going at any time