Calais to the Vendee - driving

JacquesW

In January, we drove from the Vendee to Beauvais Airport (for a Ryanair flight to Glasgow) via Rouen and quite enjoyed missing out the traffic and the difficulties of finding Beauvais going through Paris.  The drive to Rouen - by autoroute via Angers and Le Mans - was fine and although the last 80km across country to Beauvais was a bit slow we had no problem in finding our way. 

We are coming back in April, by Eurotunnel this time, and I would like to go through Rouen again - to avoid Paris and the A10 which I find a bit boring.  Can anyone advise if the A16 and A28 autoroutes from Calais to Rouen are complete and if they would recommend this route or highlight any downside.

Many thanks

Jack

[quote user="PeterG"] It should take about two hours[/quote]Did I read the o/p's post wrongly?  It takes me four hours to get from Calais to the Sarthe (without including time for stops.)  The Vendee's even further, n'est-ce pas?

The only real problem is Rouen itself which still has no by-pass.  Otherwise, the roads are all good and quick, even if the A28 can be a bit dull - it's certainly usually pretty empty.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

[quote user="PeterG"] It should take about two hours[/quote]Did I read the o/p's post wrongly?  It takes me four hours to get from Calais to the Sarthe (without including time for stops.)  The Vendee's even further, n'est-ce pas?

The only real problem is Rouen itself which still has no by-pass.  Otherwise, the roads are all good and quick, even if the A28 can be a bit dull - it's certainly usually pretty empty.[:)]

[/quote]

Calais to Rouen should be about two hours...........