Ryanair Credit Note

Claire

I have received a credit note (yes that’s right!!!) from Ryanair due to them changing the time of my flight.

However, before you all get too excited I am having problems redeeming it.  I have been give a number to phone which is +353 1 249 7791.  I assume that as I am phoning from France I should add 0044 at the beginning but the number does look a bit strange.  I have six months to redeem the voucher against another flight but I think it will take that long for me to get through.  I have been phoning off and on for four weeks now but unsurprisingly the number is constantly engaged.  I tried to redeem the voucher at East Midlands Airport but they said I can only use it via the phone number.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

[quote user="Claire"]I have been give a number to phone which is +353 1 249 7791.  I assume that as I am phoning from France I should add 0044 at the beginning but the number does look a bit strange. [/quote]

The prefix indicates an Irish number and you do not add anything to it. just dial it as it reads.

+353 = 00353

On point 18...

"18. Poor compensation

A report by the UK’s Air Transport Users Council has found that the

world’s airlines lost more than one million bags in 2007 and more than

42 million pieces of luggage were mishandled worldwide.

Guess who it named as the worst airline for compensation if your bag goes missing or is damaged? "

---

Credit where it is due, RyanAir is working hard to loose less bags.

[quote user="Renaud"]

On point 18...

"18. Poor compensation

A report by the UK’s Air Transport Users Council has found that the world’s airlines lost more than one million bags in 2007 and more than 42 million pieces of luggage were mishandled worldwide.

[/quote]

From Jobs 4U - There are more than 5,000 airport baggage handlers in the UK, employed mainly by airport ground handling agents and airport authorities.

So why are the airlines blamed ? Though I suppose some could fall out when the bootlid is left open.

John