Ryanair Customer Service

Northender

I was informed yesterday by E-mail that our flight to Bergerac on Thursday had been cancelled due to the ATC strike in France.

We had options of a refund or a flight on the next available.I booked the Saturday flight on line.

This meant that our stay would now only be just over 2 days so I rang their call centre to see if I could change our return flights.

I was answered fairly swiftly and offered a later flight at no extra cost.

In the light of extremely difficult operating conditions I think this was an excellent example of good customer relations.

It's what we would all want from a company when things happen, but it's good to hear about it when it does - especially as Ryanair hasn't the best customer service record. [:)]

We arrived back with them yesterday, and as usual had another good flight. Someone we know was meant to fly back to England on Sunday, but the plane didn't land at Nimes because of fog. There was quite a hiatus at first as it landed at Marseille instead, but after a while buses arrived to take them there to catch their flight back. So another set of passengers was grateful. [:)]

Maybe I am cynical but due to a plane not going out to from the UK there are a planeload of passengers who did not come back. They now need to be got back. I would have thought anyone saying 'can I come back later' would be most welcome as their seats can be taken by those who should have been on the delayed flight.

Paul