Hi-viz tabards

Hoddy

I've just had a phone call from my OH who is on the docks at Dover. He has been warned that the gendarmes are having a crack-down on them and that a number of people from this side of the channel have been given a £90 fine for not having them handy.

Hoddy

Warned no doubt by those selling the tabards.

I bet you it was someone walking up and down the rows of queueing cars handing out flyers or putting them Under the windscreen wipers, a scam they have been operating for years, the last one I had was complete lies and I reported them to Dover trading standards.

I have never ever heard of anyone being fined but human nature being what it is people, especially the French love to ggive you advise with dire warnings of how many centuries you will go to prison for if you dont comply but of course dont themselves follow their own advice.

There are lots of dwarf sized elderly ladies (but few gentlemen) round here who walk the roads and paths in groups.Coming across them is like suddenly finding oneself in Hobbitdom. What matters though is that they all wear the day glow jackets meant for cars, which, being very large sizes, tend to come down to their knees. They are quite a sight.